We surveyed a number of FMCG businesses in NZ to find out the challenges facing their business, the data sources they used, how they met their needs and how they used data analysis to improve their performance.
The key insights from our FMCG survey
- The main challenges facing business are diversification of products and customers and increasing complexity of inventory and supply chain
- The most important data sources are sales forecasting and inventory management, and these data sources are rated as meeting business needs very well or well
- Price and promotion and marketing effectiveness are also important, but these data sources do not meet business needs as well.
- Better analysis to focus on important items was rated as the most important business need that was missing, followed by keeping data up to date and actionable
- Predicting customer purchase trends and understanding consumer sentiments were rated as the most important way that data analysis could reshape respondent’s business, followed by Streamlining operational efficiency
For more detailed results of the FMCG survey
If you would like more information or a demo how we could help you turn data into insights into answers, feel free to get in touch.